McCloud Nature Park
At 232-acres, McCloud Nature Park is a premier nature park in central Indiana. Visitors can enjoy over six miles of hiking trails, access to Big Walnut Creek, year-round programs at the nature center and a wide variety of wildlife viewing opportunities. Modern restrooms and picnic facilities are on-site. A park pavilion is available for group rental.
- 232 acres of woods, glacial ravines, prairie and creek
- 6 1/2 miles of well-marked trails
- Fishing and wading in Big Walnut Creek
- Nature center with restrooms
- Interactive exhibits
- Restored 99-year old iron truss bridge
- Bird viewing room and resource library
- Weekly nature programs
- Picnic pavilion with tables (can be rented)
Things to Know:
Pavilion rental agreements may be completed at the department’s main office in Danville
Hendricks County Residents: $50/Day
McCloud Park Master Plan
In December 2008, the Park Board adopted master plan to govern the maturation of McCloud Nature Park. This plan will guide our department in the protection of natural resources while developing appropriate facilities to accommodate visitors. We are very satisfied the plan keeps the natural theme of the park intact, protects delicate resources and will give visitors a host of exceptional experiences.
Since the plan was adopted, several significant developments have been completed that enhance visitor access and experiences at the park, including:
- The installation of a 350' bridge, including a restored 99-year old iron truss span
- Development of trails and nature overlooks on the north section of the park
- Reforestation of over 25 acres
- Installation of footbridges on the southern section of the park
The department will continue working towards implementing the plan in phases, which was anticipated to take 25-years to complete. McCloud Nature Park has quickly become a favorite to visitors looking for a high quality natural resource and we're looking forward to keeping it that way, we hope to see you at the park!
Park Visitor Survey
If you've visited McCloud Nature Park recently, please take a moment to tell us about your experience.